Saturday, June 06, 2009

Obama speech in Cairo

I just finished watching Obama's address to the Muslim nations titled "a new beginning" which he gave in Cairon on June 4th of 2009. In the speech he talked about six issues: violent extremism (instead of the word "terrorism"), conflicts between the Israelis and the Palestinians and the Arab world, nuclear weapon, democracy, religious freedom, and women's rights.

I found myself nodding all through his speech. He articulated what I believe in, only much better than what I can ever express in words. I think most of the progressive Christians hold similar views on those issues Obama talked about. Finally, we have a leader who is rational, reasonable, smart, and wise. The problem is that the evil forces in the world are very strong. Can Obama's vision be realized?

I certainly hope that many will be inspired by his vision and work hard to make it a reality around the world.

I really wish him the best of luck, and may God bless him and make him succeed and prosper in whatever he does.

Every Christians should pray really hard for President Obama that he have the strength wisdom and help from God to carry out his vision.

No comments: